Medline’s disposable Emesis Bag provides a safe and easy solution for the collection, containment and disposal of expelled vomitus. Ideal to keep in your car for those long journeys and travelling. Our bag helps improve patient experience by offering:
- Less splashback and mess versus a basin
- More privacy and discreetness for patient dignity
- Enhanced independence and self-help.In addition, these disposable bags offer healthcare workers a quicker and more sanitary clean-up. That’s because our easy-to-handle plastic bag can be easily closed with a plastic comfort ring, isolating contaminants and pathogens. This also attributes to less cross-contamination on floors and surfaces and fewer linen changes and floor cleanings.This disposable Emesis Bag has a total carrying capacity of two litres with a calibrated functional volume of one litre. Our Emesis Bag has been approved for use in countless departments across the hospital and continuum of care: emergency services, post-operative, obstetrics and gynaecology, ambulance care, home healthcare, paediatrics, oncology, cancer treatment centres and the ICU.How it works:1. Hold the comfort ring and pull the plastic bag down gently and away from the ring, unfolding the bag.2. Cover the mouth with the comfort ring, directing the vomitus into the bag.
3. Secure the contents by gripping the bag and twisting the ring.
4. Tuck the tightly twisted bag into one of the four notches around the ring to close it and then dispose of the bag.