These point of care Healgen tests are designed for use by professionals only. Tests should be carried out correctly to ensure an accurate result.
This swab test is intended for the rapid detection of COVID – results available within 15 minutes with high accuracy.
- It is intended to aid in the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections.
- The Healgen Covid Antigen Test (Swab) does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
- Each kit contains everything required to carry out the tests
- Approved by Public Health England & validated by the UK government.
- Results in 15 minutes.
- Each kit includes clear instructions and is easy to use.
The Healgen Covid Antigen Test is one of the UK Government approved Rapid Antigen Test. It is in high demand from companies.
- This test is being rolled out by the UK government to mass test the population in Liverpool and other cities.
- This test is designed for use by professionals (eg Doctor/Practice Nurse/Employer Occupational Health depts etc).
- POSITIVE – The presence of two lines as control line (C) and test line (T) within the result window indicates a positive result.
- NEGATIVE* – The presence of only control line (C) within the result window indicates a negative result.
- INVALID – If the control line (C) is not visible within the result window after performing the test, the result is considered invalid. Some causes of invalid results are because of not following the directions correctly or the test may have deteriorated beyond the expiration date. It is recommended that the specimen be re-tested using a new test.
- Positive Percent Agreement (PPA): 97.3%
- Negative Percent Agreement (NPA): 99.6%
- Overall Percent Agreement (OPA): 98.9%
- Specimen: Nasopharyngeal (NP) Swab
- Time to Results: 15 minutes
- Shelf Life: usually 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Rapid testing for SARS-CoV-2 antigen within 15 minutes
- Facilitates patient treatment decisions quickly
- Simple, time-saving procedure
- All necessary reagents provided & no equipment needed
- High sensitivity and specificity
Each kit contains:
- 20 Test cassettes
- 20 Sterile swabs
- 20 Extraction tubes and dropper tip
- 1 Workstation
- 2 Buffers
- 1 Package insert
What is antigen testing?
Antigen tests detect proteins specific to a virus that appears in infected individuals, which indicates active infection. Rapid antigen testing is beneficial because of their portability, ease-of-use, and swift time to result.
What is the extraction buffer?
The extraction buffer includes components to dissociate viral proteins from their surfaces to be used as a target for the test. The method of the extraction buffer is used to prepare the test sample by dissolving the virus shell, which also deactivates the virus.
Does the test kit include transport media?
The test kit includes an extraction buffer that is used to prepare the specimen for testing purposes. The extraction buffer IS NOT transport media and should not be used to preserve or transport specimens.
Can the test be used with alternative specimen types such as nasal swabs or any specimen contained in viral transport media?
The Healgen Coronavirus Antigen Rapid Test is for direct nasopharyngeal swab specimen only. The test can only be used with the swab provided in the kit.
Can I collect the specimen and test at a later time?
The specimen should be tested immediately after collection. The specimen can be retained up to 1 hour following collection if immediate testing of specimens is not possible. Dispose of the specimen and recollect if retained for more than 1 hour.